These are exciting times


The title says it all friends. We are living in very exciting times.

The first reason for my excitement is the wildly talented team I have the honor and pleasure to work with. We truly have a phenomenal team of writers here. I have learned and am learning so much from all of you.

My second reason for excitement is that Jessie has gone stable (I know I'm late to the party) and has presented some challenges. Sure, installing wheezy and having sound just work on my PowerBook was nice. Challenges are good, they are opportunities to learn. They make you a better power user or driver. If you are never challenged you do not grow. I have also learned that, in the face of a challenge, things are rarely hopeless. The PowerBook sound issue is no exception. I have been given two patches to test on my PowerBook. At the time of writing this I do not know how to patch or compile a kernel. That's whats exciting, I get to learn how. In addition to learning some new skills, I get to actually help in the development process.

I know this post is rather abstract, I just wanted to drop in and share my excitement. Now I'm off to go dive into manuals and or Google.

2 comments:

  1. It's great to see a fiftysixk post of any kind. I know you're a very busy guy like all of us, and maybe the most busy. I'm due for another Rated Win post soon.

    We should be honored to be on the author team with you also, being that you work for NASA; at least indirectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just put up a post on how I patched mesa for 3D acceleration. I hope that gives you some help!

    ReplyDelete